Althea McNish & John Weiss
HOME PAGE: design and history
• 7 July 2017, University of Essex, Cochester, 41st Annual Conference of the Society for Caribbean Studies: John Weiss presents a paper " Misconception and commemoration: aspects of community memory among the Merikens of Trinidad".
• November 2016 - January 2017, Barbican Centre, London: John Weiss exhibited in the Barbican Shop with the Designer Jewellers Group.
• October 2016, Cookhouse Gallery, Chelsea College of Arts: printed textile Golden Harvest by Althea McNish was part of the exhibition ‘Now! Now! In more than one place', in connection with the conference ‘Now & Then... Here & There: Black Artists & Modernism'.
• August 2016, Mall Galleries, London: John Weiss exhibitedin Designer Crafts at the Mall 2016, annual exhibition of the Society of Designer Craftsmen. Charlotte Martin received the Pollie Weiss Colour Prize, awarded for the best use of colour by a new Licentiate.
• July 2016, Royal College of Art, London: in the exhibition of the work of new MA graduates in Textiles, Crimson Rose O'Shea received the Althea McNish Colour Prize.
• May-June 2016, Barbican Centre, London: John Weiss exhibitedin the summer exhibition of the Designer Jewellers Group.
• Nov-Dec 2015, Barbican Centre, London: John Weiss exhibited in the winter exhibition of the Designer Jewellers Group.
• July-Nov 2015, John Weiss exhibited in Manifest, touring exhibition of the Designer Jewellers Group: 16 July-16 Aug, The Gallery at Waterperry, Waterperry Gardens Ltd, Waterperry, nr Wheatley, Oxford; 20 Aug-30 Sep, New Ashgate Gallery, Wagon Yard, Farnham, Surrey; 21 Oct-28 Nov, Craft Centre and Design Gallery, City Art Gallery, The Headrow, Leeds.
• May-Aug 2015, Islington Museum, London: printed textile Golden Harvest by Althea McNish was included in the exhibition 'Dream to change the world: The Life and Legacy of John LaRose'.
• 2 July 2015, The Drum Intercultural Arts Centre, Birmingham: John Weiss presented a paper "Free on board: Cockburn, Blackstone and Forbes" as part of the panel "Struggle and Resistance" in the 39th Annual Conference of the Society for Caribbean Studies, 1-3 July 2015.
• May-June 2015, Barbican Centre, London: John Weiss exhibited in the summer exhibition of the Designer Jewellers Group.
• 30 April 2015, Stuart Hall Library, INIVA, Rivington Place EC2A 3BA: "Dr. Althea McNish in conversation with John Weiss", Clothes, Cloth & Culture Group of INIVA (Institute of International Visual Arts).
• January 2015: John Weiss exhibited in Designer Crafts at the Mall 2015, the annual exhibition of the Society of Designer Craftsmen. Anum Khan received the Pollie Weiss Colour Prize for a new Licentiate.
for Hull Traders:
Necklace in silver & turquoise
Brooch in 18ct gold
Althea McNish by Derek Tamea, necklace by Paul Hartley, others by John Weiss.
Copyright 2017 © Althea McNish & John Weiss: revn 15 May 2017